Group Strategies & Interventions with
Traumatized Children and Adolescents
My online continuing education course offered through The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children focuses on the benefit, strategies, interventions, and considerations important to facilitating group work with traumatized children and adolescents. Course content introduces participants to themes, sensory based activities,therapeutic books, games, and creative interventions to implement in the group setting with traumatized youth.
- Learn practical tools and important themes to consider when working with traumatized youth;
- Be introduced to group interventions and resources that incorporate sensory-based intervention, therapeutic books, and art expression;
- Gain a trauma informed understanding about how these strategies and interventions can promote safety, emotional expression,coping, validation, and normalizing when working with traumatized youth;
- Enhance your awareness and insight about the benefits of using hands-on and creative interventions in group work with traumatized youth.
Course content includes:
- Benefits of Group Work with Traumatized Youth
- Trauma Informed Group Structure
- Developmental Considerations
- Strategies & Interventions
- Using Art in Trauma Group Work
6.0 Continuing Education Credits Available.
On-going registration, Complete course at your own pace.
Gretchen Miller, MA, ATR-BC, ACTP
Workshops| Courses| e-Books
Gluebooks combine art journaling and collage: all you need is a book/journal, some glue, and stuff to glue. This FREE PDF will introduce you to simple, yet unique ways that gluebooks can be created with repurposed materials.
Discover your creative values.
Activate them to empower your creative self.